This isn't a political blog but I have been so frustrated with the media coverage of the 'March for the Alternative' on Saturday, that I had to share my photographs of it with you. It seems hugely unfair that the actions of under 200 people get more news coverage than nearly half a million firmly, but peacefully making their point. It was completely safe and we had a great time. My friends even bought their baby girl in her pushchair.
I also think I should share these, given recent events in Africa and the Middle East, because we should never take our right to protest for granted. Please excuse the quality, they were taken on my phone, but this is was Saturday's march from my point of view...
I also think I should share these, given recent events in Africa and the Middle East, because we should never take our right to protest for granted. Please excuse the quality, they were taken on my phone, but this is was Saturday's march from my point of view...
Waiting to start on the Embankment
Under Waterloo Bridge
Towards Westminster
A wonderful percussion band - they were seriously magnificent and gave a real carnival atmosphere
Houses of Parliament
That well known dangerous political activist - Postman Pat (no sign of his black and white cat though)
Downing Street
Towards Trafalgar Square










4 comments:
The media coverage drove me mad, focussing (as usual) on the upper class tw@ts who had nothing to do with the demonstration. Everyone who went that I knew saw no trouble and had a great time. xxx
good for you for exercising this right!
I got really cross when listening to one of the anarchist mob being interviewed. He was banging on about how they needed to protest violently in order to draw media attention. Seems to me like all they did was take the attention off the real story - the hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors.
Sadly, that seems to be how the media works. The more chaotic, the better news coverage it gets :(
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...