Wednesday, 6 April 2011

12 Months of Neon Love


This is one of the most wonderful and original art projects I have seen for ages. 12 Months of Neon Love began on Valentines Day and is a sequence of twelve lyrics from well known songs made in neon lettering. One lyric is displayed each month for twelve months. The lyrics are being displayed on the roof of the Neon Workshops studio in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.  Apparently you can see them from the railway. The pieces of art are then to be auctioned off on eBay

I have got to go and see this. Have you seen it? It sounds just utterly beautiful. I love the thought of these romantic sentiments shining out above the Yorkshire rooftops.

You can find out loads more at the 12 Months of Neon Love blog

2 comments:

char said...

oh i love the idea of this!

Lucy in the Clouds said...

I love stuff like this - sadly I feel it goes unappreciated by the general public most of the time :(

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...