Friday, 17 June 2011

Festival Fever: A 'Why Don't You' Special Edition

Hello lovelies, this is coming to you via the power of a scheduled post, I should be in Cornwall by now, recovering from my exams. A massive thank you to all the guest posters and your fantastic comments. I will get back to you all on my return.

In the meantime Festival Fever continues. Do you want something unique to take to your music festivals this summer? Worried about how you will manage your hair in a field with no plug points? Want to make your tent stand out from all the thousands around it?

Here's a selection of DIYs that might hit the spot...


Never lose your tent again with this Bunting DIY from the Bothered Owl

Suffering from hairdryer and straighteners withdrawal? Elsie's summertime twist would be perfect to see you through.



Or try out these beachy waves from Beth at B.Jones Style 

(I have quite thick hair and when I first tried these twists I did as many as Beth and my hair was less beach babe, more 1980s perm. Not a strong look.
Since then I do larger twists, about four on each side of my head. So try it out and see what works for you, but it does work!)


And I just think this is amazing. if you want a tote bag that will stand out from the crowd, this amazing recycled pouch bag DIY is over on Life After Money

Any great DIYs that I have missed? Please let me know below, I love a good DIY and would love to put together a second edition of this. Have a great weekend x

5 comments:

Kezzie said...

Ooooooh, they look amazing! Love the use of felix pouches in the last one! Genius!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

The cat food bag is great xx

Vix said...

That Felix bag is fabulous! I'll have to try that hair tutorial before Wednesday. xxx

Helga said...

That bag is stunningly cute!!!
I'm totally into bunting-I've been working on making a strand for ages,but I'm making full triangles,so it's taking a while!!!
XXX

FestivalFairy said...

I found my bride to be Stetson in the garage today so will be pimping that up, I have done a similar thing with my hair and tied with garish flower hair ties. Also may pimp up my fairy wings a bit.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...