The Festival season is here in the UK. I love a music festival. I love camping, I love the chance to enjoy great live music from morning to night, I love discovering new band, I sharing time with old friends and making new ones.Festival Fever Fortnight is a little tribute to the wonderful things that are music festivals. For the next two weeks here on the blog there will be tips on where to go, what to take, tales of iconic festivals and of course some great music. I'm taking some uni exams this week so I have some wonderful guests that will be posting.
(Plus I am finally making use of my much neglected Tumblr, so if you want to see my daily outfits on the many days I don't get round to doing a 'proper' outfit posts, you now can here. Isn't modern technology wonderful?)
If there is anything else you would like to see please let me know on here or on the Firebird Facebook page
This year I am just off to the Hop Farm Festival in Kent (we are going to see Prince, so excited) but I am hugely envious of anyone that is going to Glastonbury, Big Chill or Bestival.
Image source
Not made up your mind where to go yet?
- The Festival Calendar has an amazing list of festivals big, small and even free all over the UK.
- The Guardian have some downloadable festival information.
- E Festivals is another fabulous comprehensive festival resource.
- And Passport Diary has a brilliant Ultimate Festival Checklist.
Which festivals are you off to this year? And what's your favourite or is it not your thing at all? I'd love to know.
And tomorrow things are getting going and getting very stylish with a guest post from the gorgeous Vintage Vixen, please pop back and have a look...
11 comments:
Oh, I was in two minds over going to the Hop Farm, if only I'd have known you were going! It's a fab festival, I went a couple of years aog.
I'm getting very excited about the summer festival season, can't wait for Glasto. xxx
I LOVE festivals. Unfortunately, they seem to be more common (and frequent) in Europe than in the US.... I used to go to festivals in Germany ALL THE TIME.
My favorite was a smaller festival called "Bizarre Festival" (I think it has been discontinued :()... and my second favorite is Rock am Ring (which was just a couple of weeks ago).
I miss it.
I'm off to the Hope Festival too! On Saturday though (I'm a big fan of the Stooges and love Patti Smith and Morrissey). Can't wait!
Hi there-I'll be checking in for the guest post, I'm sure you'll have an awesome time at the festival too xx
I want to be covered in mud at a festival. Arg. Gotta go to one soon!
strawberry freckleface
I never been to one and would love to go.and also want to be covered in mud,lol
I've never been to a pop festival although I've been to a folk festival, world music and classical music festival!
Haven't been to a festival in ages - now the kids aren't quite babies any more I shall have to look into a family friendly one (although I'd really rather the full-on madness sans enfants). I will have to live vicariously through everyone else another year...sniff.
I'm popping my Glastonbury cherry this year and will be causing havoc next week in Worthy Farm. It's all very exciting!x
I am so sorry Rach, I've only just seen that your blog hasn't updated in my reader since May! I think it was when you changed the name, I must have had to resubscribe and didn't realise. Just so you know I haven't been ignoring you! At least I have lots of reading to catch up on now ;) xx
Rachel, I'm having update issues too. It was fine until a week or two ago - shall unsubscribe and resubscribe and see if it fixes it. Sorry if you think I've been ignoring you!
I've never been to a festival, except on a day ticket thing to see the Kaiser Chiefs a few years ago and I'm not sure it really counts unless you do the whole camping thing. I do love camping, I'm just not so big on music.
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...