Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Festival Girl // An Outfit Post


After getting other people to share what they would be wearing to music festivals this summer, I thought it was only polite to share what I wore to Hop Farm last week. My festival outfit has remained pretty much the same since the mid nineties, only the items have changed. It's tried and tested and it works for me.


Vintage cardigan: I got this lovely cardigan from our local charity shop, it dates from the 1970s and it cost me a whole £2. A cardigan or a similar top is essential even if the weather forecast is good, the evenings will get chilly even on a warm day and you'll really appreciate it. I just tie it round my waist when I don't need to wear it. The beauty of wearing something that comes from a charity shop means that it won't break your heart if it gets ruined or lost. This little cardie survived it's trip to Kent, which is a real bonus.

Denim Cut Offs: I learnt at a particularly wet and muddy Glastonbury (remember 1997 and 1998?) that shorts are the way forward at music festivals. Wet jeans/ skirts/ tights/ whatever are horrible. And short of going to a music festival dressed like someone from the Deadliest Catch, I'd rather just get wet legs, they dry quicker.

Glam the whole thing up with a bit of statement jewellery (this was from Primark as few years ago and remains a firm favourite) and I'm good to go. I wore this with my beloved zip-up Doc Martens and had a raincoat, sunglasses and suncream tucked in to my shoulder bag.

Bring it on British summertime, I'm ready for you.

7 comments:

Kezzie said...

Cute! Love that cardigan! I remember looking for something like this in Hexham last winter as they look so cosy!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

All very wise, love the cardi and necklace combo, glad it survived unscathed!

Kitty said...

British summer, isn't that an oxymoron?! Only kidding, sounds like you've got the practicality angle covered a treat.xx.

Sharon said...

Hi my dear-I love this outfit, so very spot on for a stylish outfit at a festival or a lazy summers day!! Just totally adore your new camper too, lucky you!!

Jessica said...

If I had legs like yours I would be wearing denium cutoffs too! I agree jeans are a big no no at a festival as is the dreaded maxi dress. I've always gone for tights myself mainly due to having quite ugly naked legs but always, always a short skirt or dress.
Love the cardie, I want one!

Vix said...

Looking fab! British weather does mean covering all eventualities, impossible to plan an outfit in advance. x

Alex said...

Love it! That cardi was such a great find.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...