Wednesday, 17 August 2011
There's a Mouse. Loose. About this House...
I made these little guys after reading about the Guardian's requests for catnip mice for cats at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
All three of our cats are rescue cats - all via the RSPCA - Daria was a single mother from a neglectful home, Headley was found as a feral kitten in a colony by some town centre bins and Monty was in an abandoned litter and reared by hand. So animal rescue is a cause close to our hearts.
I'm a pretty novice knitter but was able to make one of little guys in front of the box in an evening and it feels pretty good to make something that might make a homeless animal happy.


4 comments:
oh my god how cute is this! i love this mice;) it always feels good to make something on your own!! my cats are also rescue cats, well my little diva had a special gift for us, she was pregnant when she comes to us ;)so actually i live with 4 cats or they let me live with them in their house like it seems sometimes haha
love and kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com/
Haha love it! I may have to make some similar little fiends to occupy my two kittys!
Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
Enter our $200 Giveaway Here!
I'm going to have to try this out, I've got heaps of wool awaiting a useful purpose! fab pictures, your puds are gorgeous. x
I saw this a while ago and would love to have a go when I get a minute. I'm a crocheter though not a knitter but you seem sure that they're easy peasy...
My two are from the RSPCA too, the story goes that their previous owners had a baby who had an allergy, but they're so jumpy and nervous I'm sure there must be more to it than that :(
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...