Monday, 17 January 2011

where books in the street are absolutely free

If you follow me on twitter, you'll have seen that today I have been wild releasing book crossing books across Chelmsford. I tweeted a picture every time I released a book.

I've blogged about Book Crossing before, I am such a huge fan of the concept. Doing a bit of a pre-move declutter was just the excuse I needed to set some books free. I'm guilty of hanging on to books, even if I haven't read them for years. But Book Crossing gives me a bit of a buzz, I like the randomness of it.

At the Civic Centre

At the bus station

At the railway station

At County Hall

In the High Street




And in the shopping centres

I wonder where all these books will end up? If one of my wild releases are tracked I shall let you know.

Are you in any kind of book club? Are you a book hoarder and hang on to them or do you read them and pass them on? Do you donate them or swap them with friends?

9 comments:

char said...

I think it's an exciting concept, i have signed up (last time you mentioned) but I haven't yet sent any out into the wild! I should do!!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

What a great idea Roo! Finding a free book in the street would be a dream for me x

Vix said...

Such a great idea. I'd love to find a book in the street. How fabulous to find where it's ended up. xxx

Hannah said...

fantastic idea. I generally hang on to my books because I love having my bookcase full even if I've read them. when I was travelling I would sell the books I bought out there so I didn't have to lug them around everywhere. I bought 2 home with me because they were my favourites. I lend books to friends and I like the way old books smell so I definitely find it hard to get rid of them


Hannah xx

Alex said...

I thoroughly approve of the concept of Book Crossing but I find it SO hard to get rid of my books. I keep the vast majority of them and only lend them to very trusted people.

Anonymous said...

such a great idea. I looove a good book:)

daisychain said...

What a fabulous idea, I was enjoying your tweets!

Mimeta said...

ooh my goodness!! amazing project!!! It does little I made one equal but with dolls!!!
lovely day!!!!

Anonymous said...

This made me smile so much! What a cute little idea x

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...