Thursday, 19 May 2011

Inspiration: Alex Prager

While I get over this lurgy and dose myself up with cold cures, I've lined up a double dose of inspiration for you...


Alex Prager is a modern California-based photographer. Where do I need to begin about how much I love her photography? The vintage-styling, the cinematic feel, the bold use of colours...


If I ever got to the stage where I could make some sort of 'lookbook' for Firebird, I think this is everything I'd want it to look like. It is some serious styling food for thought.

You can find Alex Prager's website here and I enjoyed this article from Foam Magazine

Are you fond of the vintage look for photos? Or do you think it is a bit of a gimmick and that photography should reflect the time it is taken in? I'd love to know what you think...

8 comments:

Vix said...

Tippi Hedren as I live and breathe! Gorgeous images, I think they are beautiful. xxx

Lucy in the Clouds said...

I love these, they don't look like photographs somehow though, do you know what I mean? I love the old look of Polaroids etc and think it's great that you can recreate the feel on modern cameras and phones. Yes it does feel a bit like cheating but it's hard (and expensive) in this day and age to do the real thing...

Alex said...

I love them! I think it'd be a boring world if all photographs were entirely representative of the time in which they were taken. I enjoy it when photographers hark back to different eras and these are such a great example of vintage inspiration mixed with a modern take on things.

Eloise In NY said...

I really like the style of photos, and these are such beautifully taken photos.

Helga said...

Glorious pix!! Even smoking looks galmourous!
I love the vintage look for photos!
xxx

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I'd seen some of these but not all. They are really lovely, with a disturbing edge (obv a good thing ;) x

Rachel said...

i luve the colors!

racheldanielle-l.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

really appreciate this post..those colours are amazing!!waw

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...