Friday, 27 April 2012

Something for the weekend: The man that fell from space




In 1960 Joe Kittinger set the record for the world's highest parachute jump, jumping from capsule at a height of 31 kilometres. Literally from the edge of space. And in over 50 years no one has broken the records that were set.

If you have never seen the footage that he shot on his way down before, it is astonishing. And beautiful. The plaque on the door of his capsule said "this is the highest step in the world"

Have a brilliant weekend x

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh my! That was amazing! Even my teenager watched it all in silence.

I would love to do a parachute jump. Have you ever done one?

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Wow. I'd love to have the guts to do a parachute jump.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and a link to your blog, I'd love to hear from you...